Since many of us with Dermatillomania have limited resources in our daily lives to combat the challenges we face, going online to forums can be enough to boost our hope to coping with, and healing from, this skin picking disorder. These forums below are the most active ones on the internet:
- StopPickingOnMe - StopPickingOnMe’s forum that has been alive and well for many years, providing comfort for sufferers. Highly recommended.
- Facebook - As the 2nd largest Dermatillomania group on Facebook, this group is thriving and supportive in nature
- Skin Pick Forum – David Florendale’s forum to his website www.skinpick.com
- Experience Project - Many members sharing their stories about living with Dermatillomania. Type “Dermatillomania” in the search bar, there are even more groups sufferers.
- Reddit – Two growing subreddits related to skin picking are /r/calmhands and /r/compulsiveskinpicking
- Pickaderms – An active Yahoo forum with over 2000 members
- Proboards – Not as active as before, but a place where users can utilize anonymity in talking about anything skin picking related.
* Dermatillomanie * (German)
Click here for communities I’m directly involved with!